Wednesday, June 13, 2007

School's OUT for the summer

Today was the kids last day of school! Tomorrow is technically the last day but I have a habit of not sending my kids for the final day, more so since they called me from the middle school to see if I'd come help police the area for an hour tomorrow since they figure there will be problems. Um, no!

So mine are done. The feeling of relief that the end of the school years brings is even stronger now than it was when I was in school. To know the kids made it one more year with minimal visible scarring. I have been looking into what I am going to do for next year and have found out that I can leave the twins enrolled at Stevenson and only take them for the classes I want to! Marion will be able to do band and World Languages and Matt can take WL and Math {if he decides I'm not able to adequately teach him:)} I think he'll go farther faster on his own than waiting on the class to catch up!

Today Matt got his official ACT honor award. I'm proud of him giving it the effort to show the whole world he is able to excel. I know it and he knows it and that is usually enough for him! It also qualifies him for the ACT program through several college and universities that will help him succeed the next few years. I even found a program in which he can graduate high school with a associates degree. We'll see, it's ok if he decides to be average too. [Don't tell him I said that:)]

I think Marion will do better as a homeschooler too. Though she was finally getting into the swing of middle school. She is turning into such a wonderful young lady.

Mitchell is SSSOOO glad to be able to be with his "bro" all day all the time. I think the only way he'd leave Matt's side is if Uncle John would adopt him. He'd dump the bunch of us in a heartbeat! Otherwise he is all about us all being together all the time!

Donnie is applying for a new job. He applied for two already and is still looking - hopefully he'll find something he can enjoy again soon.

My new job is still fun but working over summer is a new experience I'm not sure I'm gonna' like! I want to go on vacation and it may not work out with a job. And I'm willing to bet vacation will win if I have to choose!!!:)

I'm glad school is out!

1 comment:

Kendra Lynn said...

I love you, Kimmy.

Kendra