Friday, March 2, 2007

Hobbies

I was asked today what my hobbies were. That is not supposed to be a hard question. I couldn't think of how to answer it. A hobby is an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation. Well I don't have a main occupation so everything I do is for pleasure or relaxation!

There are things I have to do:
raise the children,
love my husband,
try to keep the mess in the house from taking over,
do wash.

Even these things bring me pleasure.

The wash and housework give me a feeling of great accomplishment (I don't do them often so it's a big deal when they get done!). Loving my husband is easy and relaxing. My new pastor, Anthony, said last night he understood why Donnie picked me but couldn't quite figure out why I chose him. I always said it was because he made me laugh and understood my sense of humor. But really, read this and you'll understand. He has always made it impossible for me not to love him. Raising the children is a bit more demanding, but only because I don't want to screw it up. However they are really for entertainment purposes. I have no idea what I would do for fun if they weren't part of my life. They are three of the funniest people I know. Making them laugh is definitely what I call a hobby.

There are things I do every day: Blog, watch TV, read, eat
I enjoy each of these almost to extremes.
I spend hours on Blogs. These people that don't know me are important to me.

I love to watch Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Boston Legal, House, Studio 60, anything on the History or Discovery Channel, Alton Brown, Ellen, Rachael Ray, CSI. I DVR all of these so I can watch them over and over. About the only thing I don't like to watch is cartoons, soap operas, and sports (I do like to watch football and I will watch other sports to hang out with Donnie).

I will read just about anything. I enjoy romance novels with strong funny women. I also like Harry Potter and the Pendragon series.
My love of reading led to my blog addiction. I was out of books one day and kept pushing the "next blog" button at the top of the blogger blog page and found several blogs I read every day.

I love to eat. I like food. I eat way too much! Sugar is my biggest weakness, this time of year it's these. Other times are other obsessions. Coldstone is a year long obsession.

Then there are things I love to do just for fun:
Hang out with my family and friends.

Things I do for me:
Quilting, gardening, crafting
I'm really more into looking at the colors and enjoying the beauty and creativity.
I don't "do" as much of these as I'd like but I do just like to look at them too.

So what are my hobbies? Life. I just enjoy life and all the parts to it.

No comments: