Friday, March 30, 2007

Job

Well. I recently got a job. Not a Real Job, but a job. I haven't had a job since 2000. I worked for H&R Block last year but I knew going in it was only for 3 months, which means it wasn't like a real job. It could have been but I didn't want to continue with it. I was paid to run a Brownie Outreach Troop last year as well, but 3 hours a week isn't even a job. This new job has the potential to be something I'm good at and I really like the people I work with. I'm cleaning houses. Which is actually kind of funny considering I don't clean my own! I'm working for a friend that has been doing this for a long time. She's VERY good at it and expects us to be too. That's good, it makes me strive to be better and faster. I'm very obsessive about things so I know I am good at doing the job, the challenge will be to get to where I can do it fast and still as good. I got my first paycheck, it was a wonderful feeling to give it to Donnie and know for a change I was contributing to our checking account instead of always emptying it:)! But now I'm off to continue the drain, cause if you not working you might as well be shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Congrats on your new job. I have a sneaking feeling I know your employer. She's fun to work with and she'll teach you a lot. She sure taught me about cleaning houses. I still put her methods to use.
Love you all!
Sis. Roberts